Last week we outlined many of the important rules and relationships between characters, enemies, and game objects. This week the goal was to identify player stories in gameplay. To get a better understanding of player stories the first thing needed to be identified are some of the possible actions of the player.
Playing as a spaceship I will fly left to right to dodge attacks from enemies.
Playing as a spaceship I will shoot enemies to earn points.
- As a player, I must analyze shooting patterns and avoid the enemy shots.
- As a player, I must shoot enemies of the correct colour to destroy them.
- As a player, I must analyze the spawn patterns of the enemy to have the best performance.
- As a player, I want to achieve the highest score I can.
- As a player, I want to last as long as possible.
- As a player, I want to destroy ships as fast as possible so I’m not overrun by enemies.
- As a player, I want to try to be alive as long as possible.
- As a player, I want to attack when I am in a safe area.
These player stories are made to align with our PX goals in mind and as a group we tried to maintain that throughout the activities.